UCERD Gathering Intellectuals
Single Computer Boards (Raspberry Pi) are used to give students handson experience of programming C/C++ languages and executing C/C++ application in real time. Many programming fundamental
concepts are similar for all programming languages, so once a student understands the basics of programming in one language he/she can apply that knowledge to others very quickly.
By using the SBCs workshop the students, can give instructions to the microprocessor in a variety of ways, using different programming languages and tools.
The student learns programming microprocessor concepts that they can apply to other devices and programming situations to solve the real life problem using C/C++.
Agenda of the Workshop
◦ Different Single Computer System Boards
◦ ARM System on Chip Architecture
◦ Hardware Interfaces
◦ Operating System Concept (Raspbian , Ubunt etc)
◦ Basic intro to Linux kernel
◦ C/C++ programming for Raspberry Pi
◦ Parallel Programming concepts
5. Handson Projects (Download)
◦ Setting up the Raspberry Pi (Ubuntu OS, Raspbian OS)
◦ Installing libraries for different peripherals (OpenCV etc)
◦ Booting Raspberry Pi
◦ GPIO programming
◦ Embedded Computer Vision
◦ Sensors Interfaces
◦ Stepper Motor Controller
◦ Accessing System remotely
◦ Interfacing with Arduino
Workshop on Single Board Computers